Monday, October 25, 2010

Stephen King Week - The Dead Zone

Ended up having to rush this a bit more than i would've liked as I'm a tad under the kosh at the minute. don't think I managed the best likeness ever, but sure win some, lose some.
When I heard this week's theme I knew it would have to be one of the more filmic renditions of King's work that I 'd tackle, since shamefully, I've never read a Stephen King novel. hell, I never actually learned to read.
So of the various excellent King movie adaptations; Stand By Me, The Shawshank Redemption etc, there was only one real choice.

Walken.

7 comments:

LEN said...

Really nice stuff, Stephen- love the eyes- really like Karloff's Mummy.

Yer_man_in_japan said...

that was a great film alright. Seriously you haven't read any of his books? I recommend the bachman books its 3 novelettes so its easy to read.... looks like walken to me :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tr6tJfsSDk

Stephen Mooney said...

Not a one Dave! Most of the 'books' I read involve many sequential pictures...

Might take you up on those recommendations, though.

Bob Byrne said...

Damn boyeee!! Beautiful work bro

Declan Shalvey said...

Very nice man.

Stephen Mooney said...

Ah thanks Dec. Not really happy with it, but what can ya do...

John Rezas said...

Wow, I don't care if it does or does not resemble Walken. THAT is a super-cool movie poster.